The Goal and Purpose of the Training
The Goal of the Training
- To reach the highest peak of the divine revelation—God becoming a man that man may become God in life and in nature, but not in the Godhead.
- To reach the high peak of today’s Zion (the overcomers) in today’s Jerusalem (the church) — Revelation 14:1.
- To reach the reality of the Body of Christ by living a life conformed to Christ’s death in the power of His resurrection — Philippians 3:10.
The Purpose of the Training
- To build up the trainees in Christ in the growth of His life unto maturity — Ephesians 4:15; Colossians 1:28.
- To equip the trainees in the realization of the divine truths according to the Scriptures by the revelation of the Holy Spirit — 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Timothy 2:4; 2 Peter 3:18.
- To raise up the trainees in the cultivation of their spiritual capacity in the preaching of the gospel, the nourishing of the young believers, the perfecting of the saints, and the prophesying of the word of God for the building up of the local churches, consummating in the building up of the Body of Christ — Matthew 28:19; 1 Thessalonians 2:7; Ephesians 4:12; 1 Corinthians 14:1.
The Middle-age Full-time Training in Anaheim was established in fall of 2000, first only for Chinese-speaking brothers and sisters; then in spring 2002 the training also started in English, Korean and Spanish to help the saints in all four languages in the following areas:
- Grow in the divine life
- Be constituted with the truths of the Bible
- Develop their spiritual capacities, (e.g. gospel preaching, nourishing new believers, perfecting the saints, prophesying)
- Cultivate a proper character
Trainees are saints between the ages of 35 and 65 of all nationalities and backgrounds. In the course of the one-year program, the trainees take classes, participate in gospel preaching, nourishing new believers, perfecting the saints, prophesying and serve in practical areas.
The goal of the training is to foster living, functioning, overcoming members of the Body of Christ for the fulfillment of God’s eternal purpose.